Thursday, May 20, 2010

Rain Rain come again

My mom was serving me dosa, and I was listening to my favorite music on the radio, sitting at my window pane. I could hear my neighbor yell atop of his car’s engine at his wife, who forgot to give his office file. Until the time she came, I could see the frustration building like a wave of tsunami on my neighbors face. To add some juice, a football that will not even get itself claimed for a sticker for the forthcoming world cup landed on the roof of the car. With the engine still, my neighbor broke out of his car yelling on a kid who will well qualify for a disinfectant or a soap advertisement with the loads of dirt that he had adorned himself. Honestly I admired the endurance and strength of my neighbor who could shout on a sunny day for almost 10 minutes non-stop without getting his larynx dried. He was chasing the kido, but just to realize that his tuxedo was getting covered by dust. In the meantime, his wife came out and was running behind his husband, to tell him that the car began to move as the engine and the gear were right enough to move on. Seeing this kido and his team, and of course me began laughing. The kido team could not resist, that they even began dancing. My neighbor was stopping the car from the engine side and was yelling at his wife who was attempting to get into the car, to make a desperate effort to stop it, I even wondered if I should call her the desperate house wife, with a smile, when my mother began yelling at me to stop the tap in the bathroom. With contempt I had to leave the scene and rush to stop the tap. As I did, I heard a sound, that was familiar because of its rhythm, and the energy it used to bring to me, ever since I was a child. As I banged the door of my bathroom, to trace the sound, I heard a much louder bang around. For a second I wondered if the desperate housewife’s desperate attempt to stop the car had caused her, all her husbands’ cash. But, when I collected my senses, I was drenched in joy before my thoughts rushed me to drench me in rain which I could not control imagining. As I rushed out of my home, I saw the my neighbor and his wife hugging each other inside their car , as the rain played rhythm on their cars top. My kido team did not mind the rain and continued their football and one of them pointed to my neighbor to see that the dirt mark on his car was getting erased as the rain poured down. My neighbor acknowledged the kid with a smile as he further tightened his hug on his wife. For a couple of minutes I could not stop thanking rain, for bringing in smiles, reducing tension, cleaning dirt – physical and mental, and on top of it bringing in happiness all around. What more I can ask for from Mother Nature on that then sunny Chennai morning, when I took off from work?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loose [url=http://www.invoicesmaster.com]invoice online[/url] software, inventory software and billing software to design masterly invoices in minute while tracking your customers.